(Off-list)

> It's runing purely off memcached. We have at least 6 memcached servers,
> maybe a few more, and it just updates memcached when the session
> updates.

This didn't really answer whether volatile session data is OK.

Are you aware that running multiple memcached's results in
partitioning of value storage to multiple machines (based on a hash of
the key) rather than redundant storage of the values?

You obviously know what you're doing-- I'm just pointing it out since
it'd be a subtle problem until one of the memcache's goes down.  :)