One way to do that would be to use bundler like webpack. Do whatever you
want to do on frontend and then convert it into static assets using bundler
and then place it as an app in django.
I assume you were talking about linking js with django as this is the group
for django.

Two such bundlers you can check are webpack(more configuration)
And parcel(simple and less configuration)

But everytime if you make some changes on frontend side you will have to
run build command to convert files to static assets.