Gulopine wrote:
Yeah, I guess I see the biggest obstacle here is the simple fact that
the ManyToMany manager is generated each time it's referenced, rather
than persisting on the model. I can replace the add() method of the
generated manager to get it to work immediately, but the next time I
retrieve the manager, I get back the default one.

I also hit this once when I need to generate a signal each time a contents of an m2m relation changes. This on-the-fly generation really looks weired in this place. I fail to see the purpose of it.