Ramdas S wrote:
One question, validators are supposed to get deprecated once the new forms
becomes the default.

How do we use the newforms validation to do this?

Hmm. I actually rather liked django.core.validators.

My guess is that it's not currently possible to predict how this will be
done with newforms. Since the validation isn't as powerful yet in newforms
(I think you'd have to override the whole form's clean() method to make
fields dependent on each other OR make a custom widget that groups them) I
think you'd have to attach a whole form to a Model instance...

It seems like there should still be a way to do complex validation of model
input (even if it's not from a form) without overriding save(). The only
thing I think should change in this respect is that the validators should
be passed whatever the field is being set with instead of always strings.