Like Shishir says it's not using DRF instead of django, It's DRF on top of
django.

The main reason for using DRF instead of using django by itself is that you
get an enormous consistency. Serialization is really simple, you get
validation on all fields with valid JSON results. You get all of the status
codes automatically correctly.
All of this can be achieved with Django by itself - but you will need to
write a lot of boilerplate code before you get the same functionality that
you get from DRF.

But it's only use is to create a REST API - if you want to have more than
that, then you write regular django views.

Regards,

Andréas