Hey,

I previously worked with an organization which had it's back-end
implemented using Django. The developers there with did not use the
serializers most of the time, I think i must mention that the code base had
evolved for the past 4-5 years and the data requested in the APIs was quite
complex (not just from one Model)

Most of the data that was required was queried from the database, stored in
a dictionary and sent back as json. Though in most of the tutorials and
documentation the data that is sent back through the APIs is using
serializers to get it serialized.

Documentation:
    1. Query(id=pk)
    2. User Serializer
    3. Send back

What I did:
    1. Query(id=pk) [even for a queryset]
    2. Insert into a dictionary
    3. Send back
What is the difference and which one is better ?

Also not using serializers helped us quite well with "separation of
concern" in terms of:
1. End user views
2. Business Logic
3. Database Accesses

How does it work out using serializers ?
Any kind of help is appreciated