On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 1:03 PM Gobi Dasu <g...@gobidasu.com> wrote:

> Great points Abhishek, Paul, and John,
>
> +1 for the separate group with a bit of nuance:
>
> The openai api integration might consider rerouting content to different
> groups rather than blatantly marking a message that someone has taken
> effort to write as "bad".
>
> I think that a lot of the Django developers in this group may be looking
> for roles, and we for one are always looking to hire good Django developers
> and lifelong learners.
>
> However, I think that the protocol has to be made clear:
> - post in this group A if you are hiring django developers (like me)
> - post in this group B if you are seeking a django role
> - post in this group C if you are seeking a solution to a django issue
>
> And finally, kindness and forgiveness to all people should be highly
> encouraged.
>
> snip - - - imo its the repeated offenders who need to just get black
listed.

sorta like - - - once - - - ignore the faux pas
second time - - - please do not do this any more
third time - - - have a good life buddy - - - - except somewhere else!

the sheer number of people asking for jobs likely is killing this site - -
- supposedly
a get help site - - - I for one find that people who can't follow clear
directions tend
to also mix up other kinds of things as well.

HTH