On Mar 18, 7:40 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 15:15 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have no idea what's going on, but "crashes the dev server" needs more
> information. Crashes with what error message? At which point in the
> process? Every time or sporadically? If you can provide some more
> descriptive symptoms, it might trigger a thought for somebody.

Hi Malcolm,

the problem is very difficult to debug because the script above, when
executed, brings down the dev server _and_ the OS with it! Everything
comes to a stall and requires a hard reboot.

This happens _all_ the time and i've now verified the same problem on
my laptop that runs WinXp SP2 with Py2.4.

The PC literally starts beeping like mad (it's a hardware beep that
you can hear even if the speakers are off).

Thanks,
Lorenzo