I'm pretty new to django, but I did recently convert my personal site
to be primarily django based.  This is primarily a blog application,
with a few little site-specific extras.

I soon realized that I'd need some kind of comment spam prevention,
but found the existing Django captcha solutions on the web cumbersome
and difficult to integrate.

As a result, I've made my own.  Please check it out from
http://test.lostlogicx.com/transfer/captcha.tar.bz2  Also you can see
it in action at http://django-test.lostlogicx.com/ (Adding a comment
to any item or a reply to any comment).

The best thing that I can say about my Captcha system for Django
compared to others is that mine required changing exactly 3 lines of
code in my main application in order to use it.  1) settings 2) urls
3) the form parameter to form_for_model on the form that I wanted to
Captcha.

The only dependency beyond Django that I know of is PIL for image
generation.

Like I said, I'm pretty new to Django (and Python), so I'm sure that a
lot of what I did is hacky and or ugly.  Please please tell me what
I've done that's stupid so that I can work on fixing it.

Thanks for reading and your feedback,

Brandon Low