On 6/4/07, Russell Keith-Magee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Furthermore, I shouldn't be placed in a position where I have to
> believe you. You may well have the best of intentions, but people
> should _NEVER_ give their password to _ANYONE_ but the website that
> the password is for. Encouraging someone to violate this fundamental
> principle is socially irresponsible.

I get your point, but this isn't true.

There are plenty of social networking sites that access your email so
they can scrub your address books and spam your friends.

This is ok because it isn't the site's password. It's yours. And it's
your data. You should be wary, sure, but if you want to take the risk
because you think the percevied benefit is large enough, then rock on.

I gave him my Facebook and del.icio.us because, well... they're just
Facebook and del.icio.us. What's the harm? However, if he asked for my
ssn and mom's maiden named... or offered to consolidate my Bank of
America accont news...

But it's just Facebook and del.icio.us... wtf's the harm in that?!?!

--
Austin Govella
Thinking & Making: IA, UX, and IxD