Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out whether I can use Django's built in auth
system for my needs.  I need to limit access to certain areas
depending on whether the user is member of particular groups.  Not
groups as in whether they area admins, moderators etc, but more in a
social network type sense of the word groups.

How would I go about adding my own methods, something like:

request.user.is_member_of(group)

?

I'm sure I'll need to change the name 'groups' so that it doesn't
clash with the built-in stuff, but hopefully you can understand what I
mean.