On 7/11/07, Shankar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried the following inside the python interpreter.
> ::::::::::::::
> Traceback (most recent call last):

The syntax you describe looks fine; I tried using your model with
trunk ([5637]) and it worked fine for me.

However, the error message you are reporting is a little weird - it
seems to be listing the attributes of User as the 'candidate'
attributes. This suggests that the problem is in printing a list of
authors, not in retrieving the list of authors.

Some quick sanity checks:
- What version of Django are you using?
- Are you using a user profile somewhere, or anything else that might
be affecting the rendering of User objects?
- Have you got django.contrib.auth in your INSTALLED APPS?
- Does the problem go away if you put 'from django.contrib.auth.models
import User' at the top
- What happens when you run the following:

from django.contrib.auth.models import User
print User.objects.all[0]

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)