Just pass them in as context variables, either the whole thing or just
the parts you need.  This is kind of a snippet from my current project
that might show what I mean.  I say kind of because I use a handler
object that wraps request and a few other things instead of request
directly, but the principal is the same.

---views.py---
render_to_response('template.html',{'request_handler':
request_handler,...}

----template.html----
{% load bugreport %}
{% bug_report_form request_handler %}

----bugreport.py----
def bug_report_form(request_handler):
    request_handler.request_stylesheet('sitehandler')
    post_data = request_handler.fetch('post_data','bug_report_form')
    post_ok = request_handler.fetch('post_ok','bug_report_form')
    if post_data and not post_ok:
        form = BugReportForm(post_data)
        errors = True
    else:
        request_handler.flush('bug_report_form')
        form=BugReportForm()
        errors = False
    return {'request_handler':request_handler, 'form':form, 'post_ok':
post_ok,'errors':errors }
register.inclusion_tag('sitehandler/bug_report_form.html')
(bug_report_form)