Hmm, that's odd.  I don't know what to say except the ever-infuriating
worksforme.  When it doesn't work it is almost invariably because I have
changed code without restarting the server, so what I'm looking at and
setting breakpoints on in the editor doesn't match what's running under the
debugger.  I also confused it mightily one time by moving whole trees of
code around without deleting the .pyc files.  Other than that, it behaves as
expected.  Maybe double-triple check the --noreload is being recognized
properly by tracing through the startup processing of it?  Sorry I don't
have any better ideas,
Karen