On 11/5/07, Hancock, David (DHANCOCK) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  We're using the Django trunk (r5988), but are about to dive into adding
> some PostGIS geometry columns to a few of our models. It appears that
> GeoDjango is its own branch--has anyone got advice about whether we can use
> it with a more recent checkout than it branched from?

A branch is its own self-contained complete package, you use it by itself,
not it along with some version of Django.  The branch maintainer is
responsible for periodically merging changes made to the trunk into the
branch, so that the branch stays reasonably current with fixes and
improvements made to the trunk.  You can check the branch log:

http://code.djangoproject.com/log/django/branches/gis

to see how current it is with respect to trunk.  Look for the most recent
log message that starts "Merged revisions".  In this case gis was updated
from trunk on Oct. 26 and contains all trunk changes through r6613.

Karen