I have a modelform bound to a table. One of the fields in the table is
a FileField. I able to upload  files using the modelform and this works
well.

  Once i have uploaded a file if i look at the database record using the
modelform the FileField continues to display as a file upload widget and
consequently the path&name of the file don't show. This is frustrating
as i would like to be able to see this.  I wondered whether i could
introduce a custom field onto the modelform and then set the value of
the custom field to be the stored string value of the FileField ... but
i can't work out how to set the value of the custom field !

Any ideas suggestions welcome ..