Hi Mike -

Replying to an older post, under the theory that any answer helps,
even if it comes months later. ;)

In July I posted a template tag that allows you to break a list up
into n number of sublists. The snippet is here:
http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/889/
with more detailed info and examples here:
http://herself.movielady.net/2008/07/16/split-list-to-columns-django-template-tag/

Hope that helps. :)
Annie