I'm installing Django on a customer's machine which is running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2.

Django 1.0 complains about the version of mysql-python available,
which is 1.2.1-1, where it needs 1.2.1p2.

Trying to install the latest tarball from sourceforge gives me lots of
other file versioning problems, so as a short-term solution, I've had
to downgrade back to Django 0.95.4.

Is this a known problem? How do people handle it? Is there an RPM
available somewhere? (I'm limited to how much change I can make on
this server, so can't just update everything)

Any pointers would be very gratefully received!
Rachel