Hi,

I am using django+MySql.
My job involves to write a huge number of products codes into the
MySql, code such as: ABCDEFGHI10, it is typically between 1 million up
to 50 million codes within 1 file, which need to be uploaded/
downloaded into MySql.

The problem for this is it takestoo much time to insert data into the
database, a typical 10 million code file will take 3 hours at least to
load/download into MySql, it is even took a night time to process a 50
million code file, which is a nightmare. So I want to make it faster.

I got a powerful Core2 workstation and Xeron Server, which are almost
the most powerful machin I can get in the market, so hardware is not a
issue.

I guess the slow down is caused by I/O to hard-disk.

Anyone have any suggestion how can I make this process faster, or
there is any other superfast database engine than MySql?

Sean