On Mar 16, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Dana wrote:

> I am wondering what the simplest way to send an attachment with
> django-
> contact-form (http://code.google.com/p/django-contact-form/) is.
[...]
> Im interested in just a simple example of sending a file along with
> the other email information. I have subclassed the contact form and
> just need to add an "attachment" field to the form.

I haven't worked with django-contact-form, but if you add a FileField
to its ContactForm...

     attachment = forms.FileField(required=False)

... the modified save method could look something like:

     def save(self, fail_silently=False):
         email = EmailMessage(to = self.recipient_list, from_email =
self.from_email, body = self.message(), subject = self.subject())

         if self.cleaned_data['attachment']:
             file = self.cleaned_data['attachment']
             if hasattr(file, 'path'):
                 email.attach_file(file.path)
             else:
                 email.attach(file.name, file.read())

         email.send(fail_silently)

That's an untested example; the point is you'll need to look at using
the EmailMessage directly instead of via send_mail. Have a look at:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/email/#the-emailmessage-and-smtpconnection-classes

John