On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:32 AM, ldm999 <malcolm.le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any reason why Django couldn't be used to create a website
> that gets Facebook-like traffic?

Not really, at that point it's mostly scaling your DB(since web nodes are
comparatively easy).  Django doesn't have a public API for mulitple
databases so it could be harder, but there is both private APIs and external
tools like PgPool.

However, what's the real question you're trying to answer?  100% of websites
don't get traffic that approaches facebook.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero