I have a random/intermittent user registration problem. I can't figure
out any pattern to it, but it appears to have started when I went to
Django 1.0.

Some users (again, it appears random and intermittent) are not getting
a site user profile created. The auth.user profile is created, and the
registration profile (I'm using django-registration) but not the site
user profile. I'd say probably 80% of the registrations go without a
hitch. Of the remaining 20%, almost all of them work on the second
attempt (after I delete the first, failed registration), but a handful
still haven't worked.

I wonder if it may be browser-related. I can register all of these
people myself with no problem using Firefox or Safari.

I'm using an older version of django-registration. I believe it's 0.3
-- it still uses profile-callback. Thinking that maybe there was a
problem with the older version and django 1.0, I figured I would
upgrade to the latest version.

I'm still not sure if that will fix the problem, because I
registrations with the latest version of django-registration are all
failing with "Signal receivers must accept keyword arguments
(**kwargs)" when I follow the activation link.