On 12/30/20 5:48 AM, Todd Herr wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 4:42 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it <mailto:ves...@tana.it>> wrote:

    On Tue 29/Dec/2020 22:02:20 +0100 Michael Thomas wrote:
    > On 12/29/20 12:47 PM, Todd Herr wrote:
    >>> Unless those values in parens are a MUST requirement, the
    dmarc=fail is
    >>> highly misleading.

    I agree with Michael here.  When a (trusted) dmarc=fail is seen
    downstream, its consumers neither know what policy was specified
    nor whether it was honored.

That depends on your definition of "downstream", I guess.

MDAs and local clients (web and mobile) at the mailbox provider will have the information they need.

No they don't. I keep saying this, but you guys keep dismissing me. Painting up "fail" for p=none is absolutely the wrong thing to do. It is not what the user expects to see for a piece of mail that is perfectly acceptable to the originating domain. This is an error or omission, full stop.

Mike