On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 02:01:46AM +0100, David Hare wrote:
> On 26 April 2016 at 02:00, David Hare <davidah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I recently did a  devuan-based install on a quite new Dell laptop.
> > Many things did not work properly (sound, wlan, touchpad). A newer
> > "backport" kernel sorted it all.
> >
> > On 25 April 2016 at 20:19, fuumind <fuum...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I am trying to get touchpad scrolling working on my new Devuan setup. So
> >> far I've figured out that it is probably pmouse that is driving the
> >> hardware by stealing the following from
> >> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/131432/which-driver-is-handling-my-touchpad
> >>  :

I've been using devuan since sometime last year on an old eeepc
netbook, maybe 5 years old.  It just worked.  Could it be that your
hardware is too new?  I find its touchpad to be something of a nuisance.
I touch it by accident and things go strange.  I prefer to use my USB
wireless mouse.

David Hare had success with a backported kernel.

I've had problems like this a few times with new hardware.  My ten year
old server wouldn't do X when it was new.  Regular updates, and it
worked fine after about six months.

Mind you, as a server it was OK that it only did text terminals for a
while.

-- hendrik