On Sep 11, 2020, at 12:38 AM, Petr Špaček <petr.spa...@nic.cz> wrote:
> My non-native-speaker reading suggests it is in both cases refering to
> "consensus between the vendors". Let's not get distracted.

The DNS Flag Day web site makes it seem like "we" should be authoritative
operators, resolver operators, and vendors, in that order. PaulV (and many of
the rest of us here on this list) fall into the first two categories, and only
the first two categories, and thus might not feel like part of the "we" in
Ondřej's message.

If this is really just a vendor-driven flag day, please be clearer about that
on the web page. Those who will be hurt by the edge case failures that this
flag day causes will the authoritative and resolver operators, not the vendors.

--Paul Hoffman