At 2:22 PM +0100 10/7/09, Joe Abley wrote:
>From this perspective we might roll a ZSK more frequently than a KSK because
>the ZSK needs to be stored on-line to facilitate re-signing when the zone
>changes. With the KSK we have the option of keeping it off-line, and arguably
>the risk of compromise is consequently lower. Regular testing of the machinery
>is still important, however.

Please define "on-line" and "off-line". In the deployments I have heard of,
both types of keys are stored with the same security procedures, but the ZSK
might be stored in a physically different location (or not). The operational
aspects of using the two keys are nearly identical.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium