Hi Olaf,,,I noticed there is already a version 4 out, but it merely
covers changes,in language and style. So, here is a review of version 3
of the document.,,The KSK RFC5011-based rollover method says that the
removed key must be,post-published as revoked at least holdback timer
long. However, that,parameter is just a management value for the
validating resolver. It,should be post-published as revoked the Maximum
Zone TTL long. Proposed,text:,,   RFC5011 increases the duration of key
rollovers, because the,   key to be removed must first be revoked. Thus,
before the DNSKEY1,   removal phase, DNSKEY1 must be published for one
more Maximum Zone,   TTL with the REVOKE bit set. The revoked key must
be self-signed, so,   in this phase the DNSKEY RRset must also be signed
with DNSKEY1.,,This is also true for algorithm rollover. Proposed
text:,,   Trust anchor algorithm rollover is as simple as a regular
RFC5011,   based rollover. The old trust anchor must be revoked before
it is,   removed from the zone.,,   However, at every RRset there must
be at least one signature for,   each algorithm used in the DNSKEY
RRset. This means that a different,   key with the same algorithm, other
than the revoked key, must,   sign the entire zone. This can be the ZSK.
More operations is,   needed if the single type signing scheme is used.
Before rolling the,   algorithm, a new key must be introduced with the
same algorithm as,   the key that is candidate for revocation. That key
can than,   temporarily act as ZSK during the algorithm rollover.,,End
proposed text.,Rolling the algorithm of only the KSK or only the ZSK is
in my point of,view infeasible and useless.,,And one more RFC 5011 note:
In section 4.2.3 (Compromise of Keys,Anchored in Resolvers), it might be
relevant to mention that RFC5011 can,also recover from compromised keys,
as long as at least one valid,trust-anchor key remains
uncompromised.,,Finally, some editorial nits in version 4:,- You
replaced the names of the DNSKEYs in the tables (for example,,DNSKEY_1
becomse DNSKEY_Z_1), but not in the text.,,- In the ZSK pre-publish
rollover method, at the DNSKEY removal stage,,the text says re-sign with
DNSKEY1. Although not necessary, it should,also be re-signed with
DNSKEY11 (DNSKEY_Z_11), because it does so in the,table.,,- In the ZSK
double signature rollover method, at the DNSKEY removal,stage, the text
says "The key set now only containing DNSKEY 11, is,re-signed with
DNSKEY 1." Again, also resign with DNSKEY_Z_11. Also, the,key set also
containst DNSKEY_Z_11.,,,Below are some more inline comments.,,Best