How can it go WGLC with section 6 an open question?

in every other respect I like the document. Bad Hair and all.

I would like to understand if we could work out a way to do traceroute
in the codes, with some defined code to ask the DNS resolver to
perform a TTL drop on a counter and mark itself into the chain, which
would help uncover resolver chains.

With IANA registry requests, I may be wrong here, but I thought we had
some (boilerplate?) language about how IANA is asked to operate the
registry: what criteria judge acceptance. Is it like the OID and
basically open (hair oil) slather, or is it only at WG RFC documented
request?

-G