To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From:                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent:              Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:41:47 -0500
Subject:                [BetterTogether.org] Social Capital Community
Benchmark Survey and new website

As a member of the Better Together mailing list, we wanted to let you
know that on March 1, 2001 the Saguaro Seminar released the results
from the Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey, the largest survey
of civic engagement in America conducted to-date:  almost 30,000
people were polled in 40 communities covering 29 states.  It included
a national sample of 3,000 and 26,200 Americans across these 40
communities.  We conducted the 25-minute phone survey in partnership
with local sponsors (in almost all cases local community foundations).

The community foundations want to use the survey to set a benchmark so
they can come back in several years and gauge their progress as they
work as community catalyst and funder, supporting efforts likely to
increase social capital in their communities.

Visit http://www.cfsv.org/communitysurvey to find out more about the
survey, access the national and local results, or download a copy of
the survey.

The list of communities surveyed is also available on the www.cfsv.org
site.  We encourage other communities that didn't participate to
consider administering the survey locally and comparing their results
to other communities that did participate.

In addition, the data will be housed at the Roper Center at the U. of
Connecticut and should be publicly available starting March 15.  Roper
can be reached via the web at: http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu

In addition, one of the sponsoring community foundations (the New
Hampshire Charitable Foundation) has a new and informative website on
social capital at: http:/www.bettertogetherNH.org

Regards.

Tom

Thomas Sander
Executive Director
Saguaro Seminar: Civic Engagement in America
John F. Kennedy School of Government
Harvard University

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***