*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

We just love the theme "Speak Softly and Carry a Big E-mail List" so
I thought I'd share.  Some other fun phrases I have coined:

   - E-mail unto others as you would have them e-mail unto you.
   - Its not what you e-mail, its who you e-mail.
   - The tragedy of the online public commons is when a few people
     put too much into it and drive the people away.
   - Taking a byte out of bureaucracy one e-mail at a time.
   - The secret to Internet success - Set low expectations and
     declare victory.

While E-Democracy is actively fund raising in Minnesota, donations
can come from anywhere.  Since E-Democracy has donated the home page
for Democracies Online, supporting E-Democracy is a great way to help
the cause of citizen-based e-democracy.

Steven Clift
Democracies Online
Minnesota E-Democracy

   Minnesota E-Democracy - http://www.e-democracy.org

E-Democracy Celebration

Featuring ...

  Speak Softly and Carry a Big E-mail List - Presentation
  Wired Candidates and Elected Officials - Quick Greetings
  1st Annual MVP Awards - Most Valuable Poster for MN-POLITICS

  Highlights below.

         *            *            *            *

When:
              5:30 - 8:00 p.m., Thursday, May 17, 2001
              (Presentation @ 6 p.m., Elected Official/Candidate
              Greetings and MVP Awards @ 6:30 p.m.)

Where:
              Chang O'Hara's (Upstairs), 498 Selby Ave, St. Paul
              Take Dale 5 blocks south from I-94. Left on Selby 2.5 blks

Map from:
              http://twincities.citysearch.com/profile/5518865/

RSVPs
Appreciated:
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Suggested
Donation:
              $5 or more, At the Door
              Can't make it?  Support E-Democracy here:
              http://www.e-democracy.org/donate.html

Everyone is welcome.  Be part of our "Who's Who" from across the
digital political spectrum as we toast and roast our participants
and volunteers.  Whether you are a forum participant or lurker,
an E-Democracy web site user or general supporter, or a political,
government, community or media online developer - join us.

Evening Highlights

* Speak Softly and Carry a Big E-mail List
Special Presentation - Around 6 p.m.

Lessons from Winona Online Democracy <http://onlinedemocracy.winona.org>
one of America's leading online civic engagement projects and
SupportEducation.org, Minnesota's largest online petition effort
<http://www.supporteducation.org> currently with over 15,000 signatories.

Presented by Steve Kranz from Winona Online Democracy and
SupportEducation.Org, and Randy Schenkat from Winona Online Democracy.

* Wired Candidates and Elected Officials

We will give those candidates and elected officials from any party a minute
or two to address the gathering around 6:30 p.m..  Politicians should
RSVP at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or call 612-822-8667.

* 1st Annual MVP Awards

Be present as we announce the winners of the Minnesota Politics and the St. Paul
Issues Forum MVP Award.  That's "Most Valuable Poster" to the rest of the world.
Voting will occur earlier in the week.  This will be followed that evening
with spoof LVP Awards or the "Limited Value Poster" awards.

The full event announcement is online at:

http://www.e-democracy.org/celebrate.html

   Minnesota E-Democracy - http://www.e-democracy.org

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***