*** Democracies Online Newswire -  http://e-democracy.org/do ***
***                                                          ***
*** Join over 2650 subscribers, from 75 countries on DO-WIRE ***

I have settled on these top five great sources:

1. The Agonist
http://www.agonist.org

2. Followed by a quick check here
http://warblogs.cc

3. Then to my source for comparative coverage
http://news.google.com

4. I keep the "Live News" audio stream from the BBC World Service
running in the background
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/index.shtml

5. To find new high-production value resources, I check out the Great
Iraq Conflict Coverage Gallery
http://www.cyberjournalist.net/features/iraqcoverage.html

I have also found that tuning in Fox News on television
<http://www.foxnews.com> is the best way to get a sense of insight
into the U.S. Administration's perspective and to get lots of
breathless coverage from the field.  For those abroad interested in
understanding what many conservative Americans are living and
breathing, you'll need to register as a Fox Fan to watch their video.
MSNBC does have free video <http://www.msnbc.com/m/v/video_news.asp>.

MORE ...

Our DoWire friends who work in the EU sent in this site:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/world/iraqsit/
The maps are some of the best I have seen online:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/world/iraqsit/map.htm

More articles on the role of the Net and the war:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=web+iraq+internet

Including ...

Salam from a brave web logger in Baghdad
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/25/1048354562937.html

War Is Test of High-Speed Web
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/24/technology/24BROA.html

Operation Commentary Storm
By Leslie Walker
Sunday, March 23, 2003; Page H07
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8114-2003Mar21.html

Cyberspace spurs activism, too
E-mail, Web sites, cellular phones, faxes make organizing people
easier
By Corydon Ireland
http://www.rochesterdandc.com/news/0324story3_news.shtml

As I noted a number of blogs that were more or less "pro-war" (not
conservative necessarily as someone point out:

Here are couple from the anti-war side that were sent in:
http://eyeteeth.blogspot.com
http://weblogs.utne.com/leif

Steven Clift
Democracies Online Newswire
http://www.e-democracy.org/do
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Past Messages, Discussion http://e-democracy.org/do ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To UNSUBSCRIBE instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***
*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***