Jehanzeb Hameed wrote:
> Thanks. I had one more question regarding...

Go ahead ! :)

>> Subdomain identifiers can be stored in different ways, as a separate
>> MeshFunction, or in the MeshData structure.
>
> If subdomain identifiers are stored in MeshData structure (as opposed
> to having a  MeshFunction "material indicators"), will they be
> transformed when the mesh is refined?  I looked at
> LocalMeshRefinement::transformMeshData(), but couldnt figure this
> thing out.

Mesh object contains MeshData, which is container for many
MeshFunctions, std::vectors, and std::maps. All of them are identified
by name, which is simple text string.

If you create MeshFunction and store it in MeshData using name "material
indicators", then it will be automatically updated after refinement.

> For storing the subdomain identifiers, should the array be named
> "material indicators", in which case dolfin will automatically make a
> mesh function out of it?

Yes, but it has to be MeshFunction object, which is something different
than array.

Take a look on documentation for Mesh, MeshData, MeshFunction. it should
help you to understand what are the relations between those classes.
You can easy browse code documentation using:
http://www.fenics.org/pub/documents/dolfin/dolfin-progr-reference/classes.html

regrds.