Hi,

We need to do some work with our SparcStation again, but this time remotely from
a windows machine.  I can telnet to it and carry out the usual shell type
activities, but one or two things we need to do with it, launch a dialog box
under X.

What is the simplest way to do this?  I was initially advised to try PuTTY,
which was just as good at getting me into a shell as telnet, but I couldn't get
it to give me a graphical environment.  I was then told to try cygwin, which
(eventually) gave me a graphical environment, but so far has defied my attempts
to connect.

Can anyone suggest how to get any of these solutions working?  Or is there a
better way?

Terry
--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00