Hello,

I'm looking for a good way to apply a custom hash to passwords.  My hope is to add passwords to a (MySQL) database: INSERT INTO users (user='joblo', pass=MYHASH('plain-password')..

For SASL authentication, my thought first was to apply the same hash to the issued password and compare it with the hashed password in the database.  I soon discovered the sql driver supplied by Dovecot doesn't provide that ability, unless I'm missing something.

I'm looking for documentation on how to implement a custom authentication script if needed.

Regards,
David Koski
dko...@sutinen.com