Hello,

Is it possible to configure SQL connection keepalive for Dovecot?

Probably what I have to do is "Note that the SQL backend must be used via
Proxy", however I was unsucsessful in figuring out how can I setup this to get use
of connection pool at Dovecot.

Thanks.

$ dovecot --version
2.3.20 (80a5ac675d)

$ dovecot -n
# 2.3.20 (80a5ac675d): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.20 (149edcf2)
# OS: Linux 6.1.57 x86_64 Gentoo Base System release 2.14 # Hostname: flopster
import_environment = TZ CORE_OUTOFMEM CORE_ERROR TZ=:/etc/localtime
lmtp_add_received_header = no
mail_gid = vmail
mail_location = maildir:~/.maildir
mail_server_admin = mailto:m...@at.encryp.ch
mail_uid = vmail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mime foreverypart extracttext editheader
metric auth_failures {
  filter = event=auth_request_finished AND NOT success=yes
}
metric auth_success {
  filter = event=auth_request_finished AND success=yes
}
metric imap_command {
  filter = event=imap_command_finished
  group_by = cmd_name tagged_reply_state
}
metric mail_delivery {
  filter = event=mail_delivery_finished
  group_by = duration:exponential:1:5:10
}
metric smtp_command {
  filter = event=smtp_server_command_finished
  group_by = cmd_name status_code duration:exponential:1:5:10
}
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
location = mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox "Sent Messages" {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    special_use = \Trash
  }
prefix = }
passdb {
  args = *
  driver = pam
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_extensions = +editheader
}
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  vsz_limit = 2 G
}
service dict {
  unix_listener dict-passdb {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
  unix_listener dict-userdb {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
service stats {
  inet_listener http {
    address = [::]
    port = 9900
  }
}
ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecot/server.crt
ssl_dh = # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_key = # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = " sieve"
  postmaster_address = postmas...@at.encryp.ch
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = sieve
}
local_name flopster.at.encryp.ch {
  ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/domains/flopster.at.encryp.ch/fullchain