Depending upon the maker and the value of capacitance, a SM will exhibit
about +30 to 100PPM.  Polystyrene is a little more consistant at
around+125PPM.  Both cap types are popular when combined with iron powder
cores of low mu because they buck the mild negative TC of the core.
Polystyrenes are hard to find these days.  They have a low melting point
which is not so good for surface mount boards.  There is also the mass to
consider.  A large sized cap will take longer to thermally stabilize.  That
may be good or bad depending upon the mass of the other components you wish
to buck.   Does anyone know what dielectric comprised the original dogbone?
I would stick with that if possible.  If the dogbone is ceramic, though,
good luck determining it's actual TC as ceramic can have many tempcos.

Dennis AE6C