D-Star reliability!
Or is it Operator / Equipment error?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 1:26 am
Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Re: RE: Re: [dstar_digital] Re: D-STAR Field Day Update

On Jun 28, 2008, at 2:38 PM, KE5KAF wrote:

> We have been listening and it sounds like the Dstar Field Day is
> dead.. No activity...
>
> Where is everyone hanging out on Dstar??

Our stack's (W0CDS) power supply was acting flakey and kicked its own
breaker off (still investigating, but suspected to be a low-voltage
dropout crowbar circuit) for most of this Field Day weekend.

The power supply was replaced mid-day today (Sunday June 29th).

Things should be stable now, but we did miss out on most opportunities
to show a lot of people D-STAR during Field Day events all over the
Front Range area. A bummer, but "stuff happens".

(The original supply was chosen because it had plenty of amps to
spare, and was a nice rack-mount (Lambda), but it had three strikes
against it in the last couple of weeks as the thunderstorms started
rolling through in the afternoon, and it seemed to be misbehaving.
The owner may or my not have time to debug, but a replacement with
another known-good supply was in order.

Sorry if we missed FD fun on D-STAR from Colorado...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
[EMAIL PROTECTED]