--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Duehr" <n...@...> wrote:

> Additionally Pete's talking about something else. having the
GATEWAYS
> monitor DPRS/position location data from user radios and
integrating those
> transmissions into the world-wide APRS servers.  That's happening
today too.

No, I was directly addressing Randall's question: Can we have a
server that will translate messages between D-STAR and APRS?  The
answer is "No" because D-STAR doesn't have messaging; any application
that uses a serial data stream messages but D-STAR and the radios
don't.  Just like AX.25 doesn't do messaging but applications and
protocols that use AX.25 can.  I was very clear in my statement and
you put words into my mouth that I didn't say.

D-PRS is far more than "GATEWAYS monitor DPRS/position location data
from user radios and integrating those transmissions into the world-
wide APRS servers".  I have also explained that but once again you
misrepresented what that translation specification is and ignored the
totality of what I have said.  In so doing, you misrepresent the D-
STAR protocol information and the D-PRS translation specification
that I have presented here.

73,

Pete AE5PL