Obviously I was being somewhat facetious in my last post - but I think you hit
the nail on the head Tony.

Tinkering with the technology is the fun for me and I think for a lot of
amateurs - and I think that may be a large part of the attraction of the hobby
in the future.

Despite all the products and services available to the general public, amateur
radio will always offer the opportunity to get inside the technology.

Just as mass produced furniture hasn't killed woodworking nor cheap imported
products killed the quilting hobby, I think amateur radio will continue to have
hands on appeal.

--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, Tony Langdon <vk3...@...> wrote:

"... there's plenty of room to tinker under the hood. :)..."