  From: Woodrick, Ed
  To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:12 PM
  Subject: RE: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: Alternative D-STAR Equipment

  Let's get some details correct. Icom is NOT the only manufacturer of D-STAR
radios. Before the JARL would ratify the protocol, there had to be two
manufacturers. Kenwood is the other manufacturer (okay, in reality they resale
the Icom radio, but legally there are two manufacturers)

  Kenwood's and Icom's  commercial digital product is based upon D-STAR.