A sum of opinions about, where permitted, DX stations running Phone pile ups and xmitting out of the American Phone sub-band and listening inside the Phone sub-bands:

Virtually all respondents were favorable of this idea. One cited the possible, if unjustified, charge of "using too much of the band." Otherwise, caution was advised to the DX station to avoid listening on well-established traffic nets' usual frequencies.

I must note that the intensity of non-ham QRM I have personally heard on all the ham bands when I listened from VU, A5, XW, HS, and 9N is extensive. Thus, the choices for DX stations of mostly clear frequencies is often limited and sometimes nearly an impossible situation. From these places, for example, the bottom 10kc of 40m is jammed, as are the range of 7.030 and up; 14.207 to about 14.215 is filled most times with a very loud raspy set of signals; many spots on the whole 20m band have non-ham operations; and 10m is almost totally occupied by non-hams.

One good note is that the hateful QSO content that is spewed on the upper ranges of 75m can not be heard "over there." "Pig farmers" is too nice a name for those who abuse our spectrum to spread racial and gender hate and who try to take total control of a publically owned air space. They are the radio equivalent of those who may deposit their human waste on top of a picnic table in a national park... or more accurately, much worse.
73,
Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]