** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Unlocking screen from CLI prompts for password

Status in Unity:
  Triaged
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  I use blueproximity to lock my screen when I am going away from my computer.
  It is python script that checks distance to bluetooth device and uses:

  gnome-screensaver-command -l

  to lock the screen when the bluetooth device is away and

  gnome-screensaver-command -d

  to unlock it.

  Since 14.04 I have been prompted for password when I get back to my
  computer (it is not gnome keyring password, it is unlock screen
  password). It worked without password before.

  I am aware of the bug causing lock screen asking for password twice
  and I turned off the lock in Brightness and Lock system settings to
  fix it. It seems that the problem is unrelated and authors of the new
  unlock mechanism didn't consider unlocking screen remotely or from
  command line interface.