Offshoresufer:
RE: ..."Finally I would make the point that a hell of a lot of people
around the world use online banking, yet we don't hear in the media every
day of accounts being raided. Yet on this list it seems to have become an
almost daily occurence with regard to e-gold accounts. Would you care to
comment on why this might be?"

  Three possible reasons;
  First, e-gold is so much 'harder' and therefore more desirable than fiat
currencies.

  Second, you don't hear about many of the 'online banking' problems
because the big banks keep this information private, in the interest of
maintaining their public image.

  Three, the world standard Windows OS and its browser, Internet Explorer
are very 'thief friendly' and have a large number of known access routes.
Few users have implimented security shields, or even know that they exist.