This come up all the time in our natural gas standards group.  Our
implementation guides provide a max length for  fields, and indicate if
that max is less than that specified in ANSI X12.  We only change a max if
there is a business reason to do so.  For the most part, I don't think that
EDI documents for a good basis for a repository because these documents are
too generic.

Andy

NAGEL Erlend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@LISTSERV.UCOP.EDU> on 09/27/2000 03:09:38
PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  Electronic Data Interchange Issues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>