<snip> Just a simple question I have today, are there any inexpensive
EDI packages out there (less than $1,000)??    I'm looking
for a package that I can recommend to others (Motor Carriers, to be
specific) that will handle the 210 transaction set.
The method of transmission of the data doesn't have to be specific, via
VAN/FTP/Email... </snip>

I know this will be an unpopular solution, but it fits the parameters.

I know several VANs offer EDI translation services - How about using one
of those and either create a standard flat file that your customer can
import and let the van take care of the problems of translation and
multiple versions.

I used to work at a primarily Freight Industry VAN as a reformat
programmer, so I know this is a more common solution in that industry
than one would suspect and many of them can arrange a transmission
method of your choosing - and at your time schedule.

Kelly Babcock

ннннннннннннннннннннннни signoff the EDI-L list,
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]