All, I provide EDI support for a large manufacturing corporation and would
like to know if anyone has defined the services they provide to their own
company/clients with respect to EDI, and whether they have taken any
measurements against those services in terms of elapsed-time and
effort-time.

Are there any benchmark measurements in our field of expertise?

I seem to remember that there was a discussion many years back on the fact
that some people could put up hundreds of trading partnerships in a few
days.   I thought at the time that example  was very far from the norm.
What are peoples thoughts on real times for providing EDI services.

These are my idea of services, as a straw model, and my very informal feel
for what it takes in terms of effort-time that my team provide. Elapsed
time can often be extreme for setting up a trading partnership.

EDI Education (get management knowledgeable) - 1 day to many weeks
Trading partner requirement consultation  (what  we do when the request
from a customer comes in)  - (30mins to 2hrs)
Establishing a Trading Partnership set-up (exchanging - Id's,
Implementation guides, version information, business process specifics
etc.) -  ( 1hr to 5hrs)
Defining map requirements (external standard data to internal standards)
(we use a separate internal map creation and operation service) - (3hrs to
40hrs)
Creating Translation Maps - (8hrs - 100hrs)
Testing maps with trading partners - (0hrs - 30hrs)
Integration tests with Trading Partners (1hr - 20hrs)
Production Support tracking (missing documents, changes in data, system
failures etc.) Does anyone have measures for Production support, as a
baseline for benchmarking?, e.g  number of trading partnerships, number of
changes per year in trading partnerships, volume of transactions etc.

I hope someone can help, many thanks Cheers PeterL.
CSC Canada