The most recent experience I've had is with single hole mount SO-239
connectors, Teflon insulation, purchased the The RF Connection.

I installed six of them in a batch of Norton preamplifiers Friday and
when I plugged a UHF-BNC adapter in to connect some test equipment, I
noticed the center pin rotated inside the Teflon insulator. The center
conductor broke from the windlass effect.

The upshot is that Joel, W3RFC, the owner of The RF Connection
determined that a significant fraction of this part had a manufacturing
defect. These are imports, presumably from China, although I didn't ask.

The defective parts I have will be replaced as soon as the compliant
parts arrive. However, I can't recover the two hours it took to install
the first set of connectors, then remove them, drill the extra holes to
substitute flanged connectors and install flanged connectors. (Which are
also imports, silver/Teflon but higher quality.)

I've lost track of the number of failures with other Chinese adapters.
Some that I remember include a couple of BNC F-F connectors where the
center insulator fell out. Same thing happened with a BNC "T" connector.
I have a BNC-UHF adapter where the UHF shell is unthreaded for half the
length. Two of the same type of adapter had the shell separate from the
body.  All the BNC-F adapters I have are extremely tight fitting on the
BNC end.

In the past I've purchased a quantity of Chinese BNC connectors for kits
I sell. While they work, the dimensions are subtlety off someplace so
that they have to be fiddled with to connect to a MILSPEC BNC connector.

So far, the inexpensive Chinese SMA connectors seem fine, however.

I've since switched to Amphenol BNC parts, which are also made in China
but with much better dimensional and quality control.

I suspect my experience is not unique.

Jack K8ZOA