Don wrote:

> This Elecraft email reflector stopped being the K2 reflector as soon as
> the K1 was available...

Which was almost 12 years ago...the K1 was announced in Spring 2000!

It is very helpful when the subject line contains the device model in
brackets, like:
  "[KNB1] What sets noise threshold?"
              or
  "[K1] What sets KNB1 noise threshold?"

But while we're going back in time, it should be remembered that the K1
had a very long (more than five months) lead time between announcement and
first deliveries.  I ordered mine just after Dayton, 2000, and received
K1 SN 175 in very late November.  I'd say that the lead time for the KX3
looks very good, given that it's at least an order of magnitude more complex.

Mike / KK5F