Gerald,

Make *sure* you follow Tigertronic's setup procedures for the
SignaLink.  Pay special attention to the part about audio levels both
input and output.

For my SignaLink, my MIC gain is about 29 and LIN OUT is about 10 (it
may vary from rig to rig).  Compression is 0 (or off), but I *think*
compression is "unsettable" in DATA A.  Inside the SignaLink, my
transmit jumper is strapped and my receive jumper is un-strapped.

Do what Don said about putting it in test and set the ALC.  Once you get
that done, take it out of test.  Don't do like me and leave it in test.  ;)

73,
Joel - W4JBB