Yes, that is the answer I was wondering about. I have had other K3 owners pretty much tell me the same thing, but thought to ask the group. As Iain suggested, I could compare both decoders without the SVGA card, and probably will (sorry, Iain, I misunderstood your reply). But, I am leaning towards using the external TTL box.

FYI:  http://www.greenheronengineering.com/RB_Overview.php?

Link for info to the Radio Boss unit.

Jim

From: "WM3M" <w...@live.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:11 PM
To: "Jim Leder (Hotmail)" <k8...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 FSK/D vs MMTTY

Jim,
I have the SVGA card in my P3 and I am very active in digital modes.
My input is if you are buying the SVGA card just for digital modes like FSK/D etc then don’t buy it.
Any software package like MMTTY is better than using the K3, P3/SVGA.
I really like having the SVGA and the large display and I have tried using it for digital modes but always go back to computer and digital software. Its lot easier to use, better copy, decrypts, lots more features, etc.
SVGA card is great for lots of other reasons though.  73
Hope this helps.
Emory  WM3M

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Leder (Hotmail)